Herbed pork cutlets with sage and apple sauce
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|⅓ cup||Fresh herbs|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Place pork cutlets in a shallow ceramic dish. Whisk vinegar, mustard, olive oil and fresh herbs (such as parsley, sage, thyme) in a bowl and pour over pork.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 200 degC.
- Meanwhile, make the sage and apple sauce. Core the apples and put into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan with the water and lemon juice.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until the apples have softened.
- Stir in the sugar and sage. For an extra creamy sauce, whisk in the cubes of butter, if desired. Keep warm and serve with finished pork cutlets.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of cutlets, until browned and cooked through.