Potato-topped sausage pie
- Place sausages in a saucepan of cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain sausages and allow to cool a little. once cool enough to handle, cut in 2cm lengths.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, sausages and mixed vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until very tender. Drain well, then mash until smooth.
- Beat in the butter and hot milk with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
- Heat oven to 190 degC. Spread sausage mixture in the base of a 1.5 litre capacity ovenproof dish.
- Spoon potato on top to cover. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potato top is golden brown.