Buckwheat crepes with Leeks and Bacon
- Sift the two flours and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs into the well. Slowly add milk and water while whisking into the flour to form a smooth batter. Leave batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic, bacon and leeks and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the leeks are tender and the bacon is cooked. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a nonstick pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with oil. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the batter to the pan. Immediately tilt the pan from side to side to evenly coat the base of the pan with the batter.
- Cook for 1 minute or until crisp and golden then flip over and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Stack crepes on a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place a portion of the filling on each crepe and fold into quarters. Serve at once.