- Heat a little oil in a deep-sided frying pan or heatproof casserole dish and brown chicken pieces all over. Remove to one side.
- Add onion and celery to pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes to soften but not brown. Return chicken to the pan.
- Combine chicken soup, soy sauce, the zest of one orange, and the juice of two oranges, and pour this liquid over the browned chicken pieces.
- Cover pan or casserole dish and simmer very gently for 45 to 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked when tested.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish finished dish with remaining orange zest.