You have no idea how a simple dessert can taste so good!
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|1||Lemon, finely grated|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Boil water in jug.
- Sift flour and salt together with sugar. Lightly rub in butter with raisins and lemon rind. Add milk.
- Mix to form a soft dough. Spread out evenly in a greased 21cm x 13cm ovenproof dish.
- Put boiling water, sugar and butter in saucepan and heat until butter melts. Spoon gently over contents of dish.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Serve while hot with cream or custard or both.
Cook's tip: You can easily double this recipe – just use a larger baking dish and wait for the compliments. It’s a delicious family favourite.