( SERVES 22 )
This is a New Zealand Woman’s Weekly classic that never dates – who doesn’t love chocolate and raisins in a cookie?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg well and add to the creamed mixture a little at a time. Sift the flour and baking powder and mix in.
- Add the chopped raisins and chocolate chips. Mix into a firm dough.
- Roll mixture into small balls. Place on greased trays, a little apart to allow room for spreading. Press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cook's tip: If you find the fork sticks to the dough, coat the fork in a little flour to make it easier to use. Also, biscuits are best placed on wire racks to cool after baking.