Baked Jam Swirls
Easy to make and so delicious, these jam swirls can be served with icecream, cream or yoghurt.
- Heat oven to 180 degC fan bake. In a bowl, place butter and sugar, then beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in egg and 1&1/3 cups of cold milk.
- Stir in zest of lemon and sifted flours to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead gently.
- Roll dough out to 5mm thick and form into a rectangle.
- Spread surface with jam and roll out into a log.
- Cut the log into six thick slices and pack these into a greased oven dish, swirl side up.
- Pour 1 cup of hot milk over the swirls and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, yoghurt or icecream, if desired.