Coffee walnut cake
|⅔ cup||Canola oil|
|1¼ cups||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|2 Tbsp||Espresso coffee, brewed extra strong and left to cool|
|1 cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|⅓ cup||Walnut halves|
To make the cake
- Heat oven to 160C fan bake. Grease a 22cm cake tin.
- Place oil, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and coffee in a bowl. Beat to combine.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and sifted flour.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Slice through the middle of the cake and fill and top with coffee icing. Decorate with walnut halves.
To make the icing
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.