Cupcakes with pink Icing
( SERVES 12 )
125g butter, softened ¾ cup caster sugar 1½ cups self-raising flour 2 eggs, lightly beaten ½ cup low-fat milk 1 tsp vanilla essence Sprinkles to decorate PINK ICING 1½ cups
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Low-fat milk|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 to decorate||Sprinkles|
- Heat oven to 160 degC fan bake. Line 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed to combine.
- Beat for one minute more until mixture is pale and smooth.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of one cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool, then ice when cold.
- Prepare pink icing by beating all the ingredients together.
- Spread icing over cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, as desired.