Pink flamingo cake
250g butter, softened 1 cup caster sugar 1 egg 1 cup flour 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp red food colouring ½ cup milk ½ cup desiccated coconut Extra thread coconut, to decorate PINK
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Red food colouring|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 to decorate||Coconut shreds|
- Heat oven to 160 degC fan bake. Grease a 19cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl, then beat until pale and creamy. Beat in egg.
- Sift flour and baking powder over the creamed mixture and then stir to combine.
- Combine food colouring with milk and stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the desiccated coconut.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared tin, smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove to cool, then spread with icing.
- To make the icing, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat to combine.
- Use the extra thread coconut to sprinkle over the icing to decorate.