These are very good. Who can resist sponge, fruit jam and cream?
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Sift in flour over the top of the sugar mixture, add vanilla essence and very gently fold through. Do not over-mix.
- Line 3 baking trays with baking paper and drop 24 small mounds (around ¹/³ cup each) of the mixture onto the trays.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Allow the kisses to cool on the trays, then spread with jam and sandwich together with cream.
Cook's tip: These delights look wonderful with a light dusting of icing sugar.