450g can smoke-flavoured fish 2 tbsp butter 1 tbsp sunflower oil 1 onion, finely chopped 170g basmati rice, rinsed under cold running water 2 tsp curry powder 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed 2 hard-boiled
|450 g||Fish, smoke flavoured|
|1 Tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|170 g||Basmati rice, rinsed under cold running water|
|2 tsp||Curry powder|
|1½ cups||Frozen peas, thawed|
|2||Eggs, hard-boiled, halved|
|2 Tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to serve||Mango chutney|
- Cover the fish with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Drain fish, reserving the soaking liquid.
- Break the fish into flakes. oeasure the soaking liquid and add enough water to make it up to 400ml.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the curry powder and rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the measured cooking liquid, bring up to the boil then reduce heat to just simmer and cover tightly. Cook for 8 minutes, and then stir in the flaked fish and the peas.
- Cover again and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley while fluffing up the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot, topped with egg halves and with mango chutney on the side.