Mussel fritters with spring onion
Steam mussels to open, then remove the mussel meat and discard the shells. You will need about 1.5kg mussels in the shell to yield 500g of mussel meat.
- Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre.
- Add spring onions, parsley, mussels and eggs into the well. Add milk to combine into a thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and spoon in batter to form fritters.
- Cook batches of fritters on medium heat for two to three minutes until crisp and golden brown then turn over and brown on the other side until thoroughly cooked through.
- Repeat making fritters with remaining batter. Serve fritters with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over.