Chicken and tarragon pies
( SERVES 4 )
The aroma of this beautiful chicken and tarragon pie will bring to life even the most jaded of palates.
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|350 g||Flaky pastry, ready rolled|
|500 g||Chicken tenderloins, chopped, 3cm x 4cm|
|1 tsp||Chicken stock, powder|
|1 Tbsp||Tarragon leaves|
|2 cups||Leeks, sliced|
|½ cup||Celery, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Bok choy, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Chicken stock|
|2 Tbsp||White wine|
|1||Egg, beaten for egg wash|
- Grease 4 pie tins 12cm x 6cm deep.
- Line tins with pastry and place in fridge.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken, chicken stock powder and tarragon. Cook for 2 minutes until slightly golden in colour. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add butter to same saucepan. When melted, add leeks and cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and celery, stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have softened, add bok choy, chicken stock and wine, then stir well. Add browned chicken and crème fraiche. Mix well, then cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Divide mixture into prepared chilled pastry cases.
- Cover and seal pies with remaining pastry, then brush with egg wash. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Place any defrosted leftover pastry well-covered in the fridge and use within the next two days. These pies can be made the day before. Brush with egg wash when oven is heating.