Chicken and rocket burgers with caper sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Great for a mid-week meal with a difference.
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken schnitzels with seasoned flour to lightly coat.
- Heat a frying plan with a little oil and pan-fry chicken schnitzels over a medium heat.
- 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until schnitzels are golden brown and cooked through.
- At the same time, toast burger buns or bagels under a hot grill. Spread base of buns with caper sauce (see recipe below).
- Cover bases with a chicken schnitzel, top with a few slices of beetroot, if desired, and a good handful of rocket leaves.
- Replace the lids on the buns. Skewer to secure and serve immediately.
- To make the caper sauce: Mix cucumber, capers and mint into yoghurt.
- This mixture will last up to a week if stored covered and refrigerated.