Lime and coconut mousse
People with diabetes must control their intake of sugars and fats. This dessert is made with Weight Watchers’ sugar-free jelly and lite coconut cream.
- Dissolve jelly crystals into boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved, then stir in the lite coconut cream.
- Set over ice and stir with a spatula for several minutes until quite cold, but not quite setting. Discard the ice.
- Whisk egg whites to a near firm peak and fold into the setting lime jelly mixture.
- Spoon about half a cup of lime jelly into four glasses, then refrigerate to completely set.
- When ready to serve, mix the fruit together and top each mousse with a heaped spoonful.
Cook's tip: This recipe also works well with other sugar-free jelly flavours like orange, lemon or blueberry.