Blackberry and Apple Slice
Blackberry and apple are delicious together and this slice is a lovely accompaniment to an afternoon cuppa.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place flour and sugar in a bowl and rub in butter(roughly chopped) until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and mix in egg yolk and cold water. Turn out onto a floured surface and lightly knead. Press half of the pastry into lined 20 x 30cm slice pan.
- Cover pastry with peeled sliced apple, blackberries and sprinkle with white sugar.
- Scatter over remaining shortcake mixture and top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes until shortcake is golden and crisp. Cover the top with foil if it browns too quickly.