Roast leg of lamb
- Preheat oven to 150 C. Rub lamb all over with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Using a sharp knife, make eight incisions in the meat.
- Stuff garlic, anchovy, olive and rosemary into each incision.
- Place the meat in a roasting dish. Remove paper skin from onions, leaving the roots intact.
- Scatter onions around the lamb, drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper, bearing it in mind that the anchovies and olives will add salt to the meat.
- Cook for 21/2 hours.
- Remove meat from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes before carving.