The whole family will love you for making this Kiwi classic biscuit.
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and golden syrup.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and spices. Mix into the butter mixture. Roll out to about 1cm thick on a floured surface and cut into rounds.
- Bake on a greased baking tray in a 180C oven for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Make the icing by beating together icing sugar and water. Add a couple of drops of red food colouring to make the icing a lovely shade of pink.
- Divide the biscuits into two equal batches. Ice one batch with the pink icing. Spread the other batch with raspberry jam. Place an iced biscuit on top of a jam biscuit to join together.