|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 can||Canned crushed pineapple|
|1 cup||Pecan/ Walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray 2 x 20cm round cake pans with oil and line bases with baking paper.
- Beat the softened butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Fold in the 3 ripe bananas, mashed.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the pineapple (440g can, well drained) and nuts finely chopped. Fold together gently until combined. Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, soften the cream cheese and butter and beat until combined. Mix in the sifted icing sugar and vanilla.
- To assemble, spread icing over one of the cooled cakes and then cover with mango slices. Spread a little more icing on the second cake and sit on top of the mango, icing side down.
- Cover the cake with remaining icing and sprinkle with toasted coconut.