Pear, blue cheese, bacon and baby spinach salad
1 cup shelled walnuts 8 rashers bacon 3 ripe pears, still firm and crisp 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and toast the walnuts gently for a minute or two, until they are fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and roughly chop.
- Cook the bacon in the hot pan until it is crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Slice the pears thinly, discarding the core.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and then toss the pear slices and walnuts in the dressing.
- Arrange pears and walnuts on a serving platter with bacon, baby spinach leaves and blue cheese.