Grilled steak with mash and onion sauce
- Cook potatoes (peeled and chopped) in boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain well, add milk and butter to saucepan and mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a saucepan and cook sliced onion and bacon for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, simmer for five minutes.
- Mix cornflour and 2 tbsp water to a smooth paste and mix into the sauce, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Barbecue or grill steaks, turning once.
- Serve with onion sauce and mashed potato.