Moroccan spice rubbed chicken with couscous and olives
1 tbsp lemon juice Size 20 chicken, skin removed 2 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp smoked paprika 1 tsp ground coriander 3 tbsp oil 1 onion, roughly chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 lemon, roughly chopped ½
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1||Chicken, size 20, skin removed|
|2 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Paprika, smoked|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|3 Tbsp||Onions, roughly chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Lemon, roughly chopped|
|½ cup||Black olives, stoned removed|
|400 g||Tomatoes, in juice|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|5||Silverbeet, fresh leaves, finely sliced|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Rub lemon juice over flesh of chicken. Mix cumin, paprika and coriander together and rub over chicken.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add onion, garlic and lemon and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add olives, tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Pour tomato mixture into base of casserole dish.
- Place chicken on top of tomato mixture. Cover and bake for 1½ hours.
- Remove lid, stir in couscous and add silverbeet.
- Cover and bake a further 30 minutes. Serve chicken with tomato coscous.