Creamy citrus rice puddings
I love desserts and am often found scrutinishing the dessert menu at a restaurant before anything else. That's why I wanted to share creamy custards from my childhood. It would be hard to pick a favourite
- Preheat oven to 160 degC. Mix rice, sugar, orange and lemon rind together.
- Divide mixture among five 1 cup-capacity greased ramekins.
- Combine milk, cream and eggs in a jug and pour evenly over the rice mixture in each of the ramekins.
- Bake for 1½ hours until thick and creamy.
- Serve topped with flaked almonds, and cream if desired.