175g butter ½ cup icing sugar 1½ cups flour ¹/³ cup cornflour 1 tbsp mandarin rind, finely grated ¼ cup pistachio nuts, finely chopped Icing 1 cup icing sugar 1 tbsp butter,
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Beat the butter and first measure of icing sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add flour, cornflour, finely grated mandarin rind and pistachio nuts. Mix well.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on cold, greased trays. Press with a fork dusted with flour.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until biscuits are firm but still pale.
- Mix icing ingredients together with a tablespoon of mandarin juice in a small bowl. Ice the cooled biscuits together in pairs.