Beef and Guinness stew
Prepare in the morning in the slow cooker for a delicious rich and hearty evening meal.
- Toss beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and brown beef in batches.
- Place onions in the slow cooker and top with the beef, adding the mushrooms and rosemary.
- Pour over Guinness, garlic and stock.
- Cook for 4½ hours on high.
- Mix flour to a paste with 3 tablespoons of cooled liquid from the slow cooker. Add this to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes before serving.