Kylie's leek tart
Our super test kitchen baker Kylie Adams remembers being brought up on her mother May Millener’s boiled leeks, thickened with cornflour.
|½ cup||Tasty cheese, grated|
|2 cups||Long grain rice, cooked|
|20 g||Butter, melted|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh chives, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Grease a 23cm pie dish well and preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake.
- Mix base ingredients together, season and place in pie plate. Push gently into place with a spatula.
- To make the topping, gently cook the leek and ham in butter. Place on top of base mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix together the cream, milk and eggs. Season and pour over the ham and leeks.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and set. Serve with a green salad and a dollop of chutney.