Chicken noodle chow mein
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 packets||Instant noodles|
|3||Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into thin strips|
|3 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|2 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|1||Red pepper, deseeded, sliced|
|1||Red chilli, deseeded and sliced|
|1 piece||Fresh ginger, 2cm, peeled and cut into matchsticks|
|1 handful||Bean sprouts|
|4||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|1 handful||Fresh coriander|
- Cover the instant noodles with boiling water for 3 minutes. Stir to break them up halfway through, then drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Toss with a little sesame oil and set aside.
- Place the sliced chicken in a bowl with soy sauce, sweet chilli and five spice, mix well before sprinkling over the cornflour and mix again.
- Heat a wok until smoking hot, (don’t forget to turn on the extractor for this next bit). Add the oil and swirl around before adding the chicken. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the red pepper, chili and ginger. Stir-fry for a further 1 minute before adding the bean sprouts and noodles.
- Stir-fry a further 2 minutes, season with a little more soy sauce if you like the flavour.
- Serve into bowls, scatter with spring onions and fresh coriander to finish.