Pork noodle soup
This is a very simple and super fast noodle dish. Top it off with Chinese BBQ pork (char siu pork) for an Asian twist.
- Combine crushed garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce and oil in a dish and add thinly sliced pork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into a large saucepan and add star anise, chopped ginger, chilli, sliced garlic and oyster sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and quickly cook pork until just cooked.
- Add noodles to the soup and cook for 4 minutes. Add bok choy and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Divide broth, noodles and bok choy amongst four bowls and top with sliced pork and coriander leaves.