Beef with Lemongrass
The aromatic flavours of lemongrass and Chinese five spice make this beef dish delicious.
- Chop the beef into 3cm chunks and place in a shallow dish with the fish sauce, soy, sugar, garlic (crushed), ginger (grated), five spice and lemongrass (grated). Allow beef to marinate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and gently cook onion (finely chopped), carrots (chopped) and celery (sliced) until just tender. Lift the meat from the marinade and add to the saucepan in batches, cooking until brown on each side.
- Add the marinade ingredients and beef stock to the pan, bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, for 1 ½ to 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Check on liquid and reduce if needed.
- Serve beef with rice and scatter with peanuts (roughly chopped).