Basic pizza dough
Everybody loves pizza and it is a great recipe for feeding a crowd. Making your own pizza base is ideal as it generally tastes better and you have total control over how thick you make it.
- Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and pour into the well along with the salt and olive oil.
- Form into a ball and knead for around 7 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover.
- Place the bowl in a warm place and leave for 1½ hours or until dough has doubled in bulk.
- Halve dough and roll into two bases, cover with toppings and bake for 15 minutes at 220C.
Make tasty pizza bread by brushing dough with oil and garlic, herbs or sea salt.