Smoked salmon & cream cheese muffins
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Baby spinach|
|1½ cups||Grated cheese|
|100 g||Cream cheese|
|8 slices||Smoked salmon|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in roughly chopped spinach and grated cheese (1 cup).
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add lightly whisked eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix until just combined.
- Half-fill ten muffin cups with mixture and then place 1 tsp of cream cheese and a half slice of salmon on top.
- Cover with a blob of muffin mix and sprinkle a little (1/2 cup) grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until muffins are golden and springy to the touch. Serve warm with a touch of relish.