Cranberry beef burgers
|½ cup||Dried cranberries|
|600 g||Beef mince|
|3||Spring onions, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|6||Burger buns, sesame|
|6||Small ripe tomatoes, sliced|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
|6||Olives, (for skewering)|
|½ cup||Cranberry sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Tomato sauce|
- Mix mince, dried cranberries, spring onions and parsley in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into six and shape portions into large, flat patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry patties in a little oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through.
- Place burger buns sliced in half under a hot grill to brown.
- Layer meat patties onto the bun bases. Place sliced tomatoes and a handful of rocket on top of each and replace the bun lids.
- Skewer olives onto toothpicks and pierce into the lid of each bun.
- Combine cranberry sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve on the side and spoon sauce over burgers as desired.