Quinoa and tuna salad
( SERVES 3 )
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Chicken stock, heated|
|350 g||Tuna in spring water, canned, flaked|
|1 cup||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|3||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|⅓ cup||Cashew nuts, lightly toasted|
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and lightly toast the quinoa for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour over hot chicken stock combined with 1 cup of water and stir. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until quinoa is just cooked.
- Allow the quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the dressing ingredients (lime juice, coriander leaves, extra-virgin olive oil, finely chopped clove garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper) in a small jug or bowl. Chop the avocado into chunks.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl and gently toss it with the flaked tuna, avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, finely sliced spring onions and lightly toasted cashew nuts.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and serve.