Chicken and rocket burgers with caper sauce
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|4||Burger buns, or bagels, sliced in half|
|1||Canned beetroot, drained|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Dust chicken schnitzels with seasoned flour to lightly coat. Heat a frying pan with a little oil and pan-fry chicken over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until schnitzels are golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix caper sauce ingredients together. Ensure cucumber is grated and capers are drained.
- Halve buns then toast burger buns (or bagels) under a hot grill.
- Spread base of buns with caper sauce. Cover bases with a chicken schnitzel, top with a few slices of beetroot, if desired, and a good handful of rocket leaves.
- Replace the lids on the buns. Skewer to secure and serve immediately.