Tomato pissaladierre tart
Don’t worry if you don’t like or have quite the right ingredients – this is the perfect recipe for using tomatoes plus whatever you have in the fridge. Omit the anchovies to make it completely vegetarian - use good olives in its place for salty goodness.
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|2 sheets||Puff pastry, (we used supermarket pre-rolled sheets)|
|1||Onion, finely sliced|
|6||Tomatoes, sliced 5mm thick|
|1||Courgette, finely sliced|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|¼ cup||Anchovy fillet, drained|
|⅓ cup||Grated cheese, grated or diced|
|2 to drizzle||Olive oil|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC
- Place two defrosted pastry squares onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the edges with water and fold them over to create a border or picture frame.
- Scatter the chopped garlic, finely sliced onions and courgette evenly over the tart.
- Neatly overlap the sliced tomato in rows over the other ingredients. Fill in any gaps with cherry tomatoes (cut in half), and season with the lines of drained anchovies, milled pepper and the herbs.
- Finish by sprinkling with grated cheese and a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.