Thai beef and leaf salad
|2 cups||Salad greens|
|300 g||Beef sirloin|
|½ cup||Basil leaves|
|½ cup||Thai mint leaves|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
|½ cup||Roasted cashew nuts|
- Grill sirlon steak for 3 minutes each side and then rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients (fish sauce, sugar, 1 tsp grated lime rind and 1/4 cup lime juice, finely chopped red chilli, crushed garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds, lightly toasted).
- Place steak in a non-metallic dish and pour over dressing. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Place salad greens, basil, mint, and coriander leaves on a serving platter.
- Place beef slices and dressing over the salad and scatter with cashew nuts.