You can't go past a loaf for its versatility and wide appeal. At home in a school lunchbox as it is at a special afternoon tea gathering.
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Soften butter with sugar and honey. Mix well together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Stir through mashed banana.
- Sift over flour and baking soda and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and base-lined loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.