Minestrone Autumn soup
This is such a lovely dish. Make it the day before and heat it up whenever everyone gets together.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan with thyme, oregano and crushed garlic. Cook for 6-8 minutes before adding the next five ingredients. Cook without a cover for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, and bring to a simmer before adding the diced potatoes, then gently simmer for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are just cooked.
- Remove soup from stove, leave to cool, and season with salt and milled pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When needed, heat the soup together with the courgette, cabbage, peas, broad beans for 5-6 minutes or until courgette is cooked. Pour into bowl. Finish by adding chopped tomato with fresh mint and basil, freshly grated parmesan and a light drizzle of olive oil.
Cook's tip: After a delicious Sunday roast, use any leftover meat you might have to make this a rich, hearty meal. Simply add shredded roast chicken, pork or ham, along with the courgettes and cabbage.