Caramel oat slice
This divine caramel oat slice recipe was requested from Pukeko Junction Cafe in Amberley, Celine from Pukeko Junction said that this recipe is very popular but she's more than happy to share it with us.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Beat together first measure of butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a baking paper lined 24cm x 30cm slice pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- To make caramel filling, place second measure of butter, golden syrup and condensed milk into a saucepan and cook, stirring, until thick and golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and mix together with the remaining topping ingredients.
- Spread caramel over cooked base and sprinkle crumble on top. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Chill this slice for a few hours before you cut it into squares.