Caramel Oat Slice
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Beat together first measure of butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a baking paper lined 24cm x 30cm slice pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- To make caramel filling, place second measure of butter, golden syrup and condensed milk into a saucepan and cook, stirring, until thick and golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and mix together with the remaining topping ingredients.
- Spread caramel over cooked base and sprinkle crumble on top. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Tip! Chill this slice for a few hours before you cut it into squares.