Tropical panna cotta with fresh pineapple
Panna cotta, is a dessert made from simmering cream and sugar together. The name, which originated in Italy, literally means 'cooked cream'. Add some zest with the addition of pineapple.
- Bring the cream, coconut cream, sugar, finely grated lime rind (1 tsb), lime juice (4 tsb) and vanilla essence (1 tsb) to the boil in a saucepan, then remove mixture from heat.
- Dissolve powdered gelatine in 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture and then stir it back into the saucepan.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve and then into individual dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Chill in fridge overnight to set.
- Turn out and serve with fresh fruit, drizzled with 2 tsb vanilla extract.