Chicken teriyaki donburi
Japanese food is really popular and easy to make food. Feature it on your weekly menu as part of a balanced diet. For this recipe, you can substitute chicken for salmon if you prefer.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour over soy mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan and cook chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spring onions, carrot and mushrooms and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup rice in individual bowls spoon over chicken, vegetables and sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.