Apricot Pumpkin Seed Square
Full of texture and colour, these sweet squares are an afternoon tea treat or put them in a lunchbox as a healthier option.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place apricots in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Place coconut, flour, cornflour, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor. Add chopped butter and process until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add eggs and pulse until the mixture forms a ball. Tip the dough out onto a bench and divide in half.
- Press one half of the dough over the base of a lined 28 x 18cm baking pan.
- Drain apricots and process until roughly chopped in the food processor.
- Spread apricots over the base. Break up remaining dough and scatter evenly over the apricots with almonds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cut into squares when cold.