Salmon, lemon and dill risotto
While salmon is a good source of protein and high in those essential omega-3 fatty acids, the main reason for eating it is that it tastes amazing!
- Heat chicken stock and wine together in a saucepan.
- In another large saucepan, melt butter and olive oil on a low heat, add finely chopped onion and cook until tender.
- Add arborio rice and stir until grains are coated with oil. Increase the heat to medium.
- Add 1 cup of stock and stir while liquid is absorbed. Continue to stir and add stock until the rice is cooked. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir through the grated parmesan cheese, mascarpone, chopped dill, lemon rind of a lemon and hot smoked salmon, flaked. Serve at once.
Tip: While dill is perfect for this recipe, you could also use finely chopped chives.