Family favourite burgers
When the pace of life speeds up it is good to have some favourite recipes that are quick to prepare!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place onion, carrot, courgettes and garlic in the food processor and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Transfer veges to a large bowl along with mince, breadcrumbs, eggs, tomato sauce and salt to taste. Using your hands, mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Form mixture into eight patties approximately 10cm in diameter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook patties in batches until well browned on each side. Transfer to a baking dish and cover with slices of cheese. Place in oven until cheese is melted and patties are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the burger buns and place a patty in each. Cover with the salad ingredients and toppings of your choice.