Lamb, spinach and egg meatloaf
Most of us love a good meatloaf because, as well as tasting great, they are also versatile and economical. This recipe illustrates how versatile meatloaf can be.
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|450 g||Lamb mince|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|½ cup||Fruit chutney|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place onion, garlic, lamb mince, cumin, breadcrumbs, egg and chutney in a bowl and mix well.
- On a piece of baking paper, spread mince mixture evenly into a 28cm x 18cm rectangle.
- Place spinach leaves evenly over the mince. Mix hard-boiled eggs with the mayonnaise, curry powder and salt and pepper, and spread on top of the spinach.
- With the help of the baking paper, roll up meat and filling from the long side.
- Place roll on a paper-lined baking tray, seam-side down. Bake for 1 hour. Leave to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.