Currant and carrot loaf
Everyone has a fruit loaf they make that is buttered and served at afternoon tea – this is something a little different.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan bake.
- Grease and line a large loaf pan, 25 x 15 x 8cm, with a strip of baking paper for easy removal of loaf from pan.
- Mix first five ingredients and then add the currants, coconut and walnuts.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in another bowl and then add to dry ingredients along with carrot.
- Place in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
Place the loaf on the second to bottom rung of the oven as it’s a long cooking time and you do not want the top colouring too much.