Felicity's chicken sandwiches
|3||Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless- free range if possible|
|1 clove||Garlic, peeld and crushed|
|½||Lemon, Juice and zest|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
|1 handful||Fresh herbs, (parsley, basil, coriander, mint or tarragon work well)|
|50 ml||Sour cream|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|20 slices||White sandwich bread|
|1 to decorate||Baby cress|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Combine first five ingredients and place in a small casserole or ovenproof dish – you want them to fit snugly, so they don’t dry out.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Cool slightly. 3. Place the chicken and the cooking liquid in a food processor and pulse to chop. You do not want a purée.
- Add a good handful of roughly chopped herbs and pulse again.
- Remove to a bowl and mix through 40ml of sour cream, to create a rough, but spreadable mixture. Add a little more sour cream if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make into sandwiches using buttered, thin-sliced white bread and chopped rocket. Trim off the crusts, cut into triangles and decorate with cress to serve.
Cook's tip: For your cucumber sandwiches, take fresh, white, sliced bread, smear lightly with butter and top with thin slices of cucumber and chopped mint. Cut into triangles. Cover with a damp clean cloth.