Onion and bacon quiche
A simple, easy and cost effective mid-week meal.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degC. Line the base and sides of a 22cm-wide flan dish with pastry, cutting the edges to fit where necessary. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line pastry shell with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice and bake blind at 190 degC for 10 minutes. Remove pastry shell from oven and discard baking paper and beans. Turn the oven down to 160 degC.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon and onion until onion is soft but not browned.
- Mix sour cream, eggs, milk and cheese together. Stir onions and bacon into the egg mixture and pour into the pastry base.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until just set. Stand for 10 minutes and then top with chopped parsley and serve.